Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1000 miles in 2010



Running is a big part of my life and has been for 14 years! I find running to be very invigorating. We have moved around quite a bit and each new place I search out running partners. Running for me is much easier with a partner. I am looking forward to the day when my children can join me on a long run!

I currently have two partners. One joins me three times a week and the other twice. I decided to set a goal of 1000 miles for the year after hearing this idea from a previous running partner. I shoot for 20 miles a week right now. So far I've run 120 miles this year!

Winter proves to be a hard time to run! I run in the morning. It is often not only dark, but cold too! It really makes one appreciate running in mild temperatures.

I am going to use this blog as a place to share my experiences and ideas about running.

2 comments:

  1. Great Job Aunt Judi! You inspire me with all that you do, running included. I want to get back into it- learn to like it and enjoy it- and be able to run for longer distances... I started too and then I had my accident...I am hoping to get back started again soon! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stalked potential running partners like crazy. I have probably asked at least 20 people in a month if they run, they would like to run together, or if they have a friend who runs. I am not having a lot of luck. People don't want to go at 5 or 6 in the morning. I have a lot of catch up to get to my 1000!

    ReplyDelete